Believe it or not, most people don’t know how to eat. In the adult world of the successful, you need to know how to eat at social settings.
Let’s go down the list:
· As soon as you sit in your chair take the napkin off the table and drape it over your lap.
· Never begin eating until everyone has their meal.
· Never chew with your mouth opened.
· Never talk while you’re chewing your food.
· Never dip any food you’re eating into a sauce everyone is using.
· When chewing, try not to sound like a puppy drinking water: making the NCHA NCHA NCHA sounds. Chew with your mouth closed.
· Don’t gulp down your food like a dog. Relax, chill and eat at the same pace as everyone else at the table.
· Don't make a mess, dropping food everywhere.
· Have a little mirror so you can check whats on your face. You don't want to have rice on your jaw or on your forehead.
· Never hold a spoon, fork or knife with your fist.
· Outside fork is for salads, inside fork for the meal.
· Never make gestures while your utensils are in your hands.
· Never reach for anything like salt and pepper. Always ask someone to pass things like that.
· Don’t slouch at the table. Sit straight up.
· After the meal, excuse yourself and go to the bathroom and make sure you don’t have any food in your teeth. Carry a toothpick or something similar in your wallet or purse wherever you go.
· If your date orders, compliment his choices, whether it is his choice of dessert or the wine. At the end of the dinner, thank your partner for inviting you out and don’t leave it for the next day.
Oh, lastly, he pays. Always make sure you carry enough money to pay for your meal in case shit gets tight and he has no money to pay for the food.
Adina & Carmen