Are you in an abusive relationship? Here are a few signs that you are in an emotionally abusive relationship. If you're experiencing any of these, LEAVE NOW before its too late!
Let's dive in. This list is a basic guideline. You need to learn to look out for these signs in any relationship before you're in too deep.
• Your partner loses their temper easily and often over simple silly things and then blames you for everything.
· Your partner makes jokes at your expense and always humiliates you. They also call you names in front of your friends or children.
· Your partner seems to have more than one personality. Today they're very caring and tomorrow, it's as if something has come over them and they're a totally different person.
· Your partner constantly accuses you of flirting with other people and even having an affair.
· Your partner has seemed to isolate you from your friends and family. This is usually the first sign of trouble because they're basically trying to cut off your support network. Added to that, they constantly criticise your friends and family, and do not want you to see or talk to them.
· You feel like you are constantly walking on eggshells around them, and being very careful about not saying anything that'll make them angry.
· You find yourself apologizing even when you know you aren’t in the wrong.
· Your partner refuses to acknowledge your achievements.
· Your partner withholds basic relationship components to punish you, for example : affection, sex, money etc
· Your partner gets inappropriately jealous a lot of the times and you can't figure out why.
· Your partner constantly monitors you (keyword is: obsessive monitoring) and you find it difficult to have time to yourself. When you do have time for yourself, your partner will demand to know where you were, who you were with and what you talked about.
I think I've covered all the basic angles. If your partners exhibits all these traits, it's time for you to end the relationship because trouble surely lies ahead.
Anyways, if you’re still unsure, feel free to message me.